I am taking up Chocolate and Marmalade Tea’s open Tag invitation. Here are seven random facts about myself. This was actually harder then I thought it would be, I mean, trying to think of things that are interesting and not stuff that people wouldn't give to figs about but here goes:
1. I used to tell my sister she was adopted when in fact she and my older brother had blonde hair and I had brown. It was really mean of me. She was only about 5 or 6 and I was about 12 and knew better but I didn‘t like being different. God decided to pay me back for my wickedness as my children are Blonde, Redhead and Brunette. One time I went shopping with the blonde and the redhead kept reaching out to men and saying “ daddy”? I had to say, “yes, they have the same dad.”
2. I am 12 years younger than my husband. I met my husband in Dec of 83, was engaged by Feb 84 and married Dec 84. In a few weeks we will be married 24 years! We are entering the empty nester stage and totally enjoying it!
3. I absolutely hate most vegetables. Especially Brussels Sprouts. I saw Invasion of the Body Snatchers as a child and ever since I compare the pods to Brussels Sprouts!
4. My favorite all time movie is Night of the Living Dead. There is a scene in the movie that looks like the Evening News and I thought it was sooo real, I freaked out, I was only about 7 but ever since I have been a lover of Horror Movies. I used to turn down dates if a good movie was on Creature Feature!
5. My Step-Father is a descendant of one of Jessie James’s Gang members, who’s real last name was Shepherd but was changed to Willis when he “retired” the gang and became legit you’d say. Lol. My Father-in-Law’s Aunt was the cousin of Ma Barker and her famous boys. My Father is buried in the plot right next to Myrna Lee Opsahl, the victim of the Symbionese Liberation Army and Patty Hearst bank robbery.
6. I recently donated my long hair I had for many years to Locks of Love. Gosh, the money I am saving on hair dye and shampoo is amazing! With all the gray hair my kids gave me I should have bought stock in Clairol, I’d probably be rich right now.
7. My book collection consists of two kinds of books, romance novels or true crime. It’s either or nothing in between. Well, I do have a small pile of Tea Time books in the middle. :)
Well here you go, a few facts about me! Hope I didn't bore you too much. Like Michelle, I am leaving this Tag open for any and all who wish to list 7 interesting fact about themselves.
2 weeks ago