CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Angels in Waiting


The song you are listening too is Angels in Waiting from Tammy Cochran. She is one of my favorite country singers. Her life story is one of tragedy. She lost both of her older brothers to Cystic Fibrosis. This song is a tribute to them. Please read below a short bio on her from wikipedia.....

Tammy Cochran was a Country singer born and raised in a small rural town called Austinburg, Ohio, which according to Tammy was a perfect place to write a country song. There was also enough tragedy in Cochran's life to write a country song.

She was born in 1972 to Mabel and Delmar Cochran and was the third of three children. Tammy's two older brothers, Shawn and Alan were both born with the disease Cystic Fibrosis. Shawn died from the disease in 1980, at 14 and Alan died in 1991 at age 24. She soon became accustomed to listening to and singing the songs of Loretta Lynn and Barbara Mandrell. Encouraged and inspired by her brothers, Tammy realized that she preferred singing in front of an audience. For the next few years, Tammy sang at her family's local church, and then she entered a talent show contest and won. The next step for Tammy was to join a band. She joined a couple before making her own band called "TC Country" that played at fairs and weddings.
Hope you enjoyed this song as much as I did.

6 comments:

Sparky said...

How tragic that Ms. Cochran lost two brothers from CF. It used to be that children with CF very rarely lived into their late teens. Now, I think, they are living longer. I wish 'they' could find a cure.
Hope y'all are having a wonderful Easter! :o)

Ginger said...

Great song. She has a very good voice, doesn't she? Sad that she lost her brothers to cystic fibrosis. Years ago I saw a documentary on it, and it was awful for the kids.

A Southern Rose said...

I remember the first time that I saw this video, it made me cry. I had two friends in school that were brother and sister that died from this terrible disease. Steve was only 16 and Lisa was 19. I wish 'they' could find a cure for this disease...all diseases.

Michelle said...

I have heard her music before but oh my Lord, have never heard her story. How tragic...I got teary-eyed listening to the song.

The Dutchess said...

So very beautiful...and sad..I am going to share this song with my daughter. her best friend a sweet girl.22 years of age was diagnosed with leukemia.She has been fighting this disease for two years but now learned that there is nothing left docters can do for her. She is waiting for her wings..I think this song can help my daughter,thank you..

Anonymous said...

While her life has had lots of tragedies, I like that she was inspired by it (or despite of it) to become something that helps to remember the brothers who were so important to her. Now their memory will live on and touch more lives than her own family's.

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates by Leelou Blogs