CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dreamy Christmas

I have been trying to figure out how to download this particular picture for weeks now and once I figured it out is was such a DUH! moment.....Anyway, I just love this picture. I can and will imagine myself sitting in a large over sized chair right in front of the fire with a hot cup of tea and, and, oh I just covet this!!!! Thou shalt not covet but what the heck, someones got to do it and it might as well be me. lol Christmas is a time when people really put their personalities into decorating their home and I for one love to look at all the beautiful ideas......

If I had a porch this long it WOULD be lined with all these beautifully decorated trees. Just looking at this makes me wonder what the electric bill would be, Yikes!

OK, I made a stop in the middle of my Christmas surfing when I saw THIS, can you believe it? What an absolutely F A B U L O U S idea, beautiful. Can you just picture the cake trimmed in christmasy colors too? Love it, love it, love it....

OK, back to my Christmas surfing.....I could really get used to this house in this beautiful setting. Don't the colors just capture you?
If I could be anywhere at Christmas I think I'd like to be in a log cabin in the snow. A big warm fire like the one in the first picture, snow falling outside the window......Somehow, sunny California just doesn't give that picture. hahahaha I mean just about every picture or even the little villages you can put together yourself, you know, the houses with lights etc. are all about snow. Some day I am just going to have to make it happen. Anybody out there have a log cabin for rent????? :)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody and for those on the east coast I wish you warmth and electricity! My daughter just came back from Boston just before the ice storm. I am very glad she came home safe and sound from her business trip.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, those are my kind of Winter Wonderland! I need someone to help me decorate. ;)

Sparky said...

Hey, those are pictures of MY place!! How did you know where I live?! (Yeahhh, riiight) I'm calling ChaChaSecurity ... Better watch out since she's your sis and knows alllll about you. [lol] :o)
The pics are beautiful Melody. And yeah, it be cold here in SE Gawga. Still got's 'lectricy in da woods but it's still cold outside. Brrrrr! We have just leapt into winter this year. Sky is pretty though and that makes the day nice. I am so ready for Spring. [sigh] ♥ ∞

ChaChaneen said...

Your attention please ~ Sector 4 - we have breach in security. Copy that. There appears to be a mole in the operation that has stolen all the Christmas decorations from SPARKY's location in GA. I will dispatch Agent Pierce at O-dark-thirty for a visual. CHA CHA

Gill - That British Woman said...

what lovely pictures, I can see myself having a cup of tea on that comfy chair in that living room.

Gill in Canada

Sparky said...

ROFLOL!!

Can't wait for the tour Monday! I wish I could be here the whole day for all the antics (I have Jury Duty that starts at 1:PM Georgia Time). CYA then! :o) ♥ ∞

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, I love it too! I love the blue shelves and mantle! That was a whole lot of Christmas trees! After my remodel is over,I live in country in a Craftsman Bungalow, on ten acres. I hope to build a small cabin on my 8 or so acres about an hour away. Just for a get away!

The Dutchess said...

A Christmas wonderland..I love it..and good to hear your daughter is home safe..I hate ice storms,we did see something about it on tv in Holland!Take care and have yourself a happy Sunday..

Ginger said...

I love those pictures. The house almost looks like a Thomas Kincade painting. The cake is fabulous!!!
We got snow last night and this morning the sun is shining brightly, but boy it's cold. My hubby built a fire in the fireplace but all I do is sneeze and my nose gets plugged up. I don't know if it's the wood he's burning or what.
I'll trade places with you anyday...I would love to be in sunny California, or anywhere warm right now.
Ginger

Michelle said...

Oh what beautiful, gorgeous and comforting pictures of Christmas. I love the first one, of course. :) Anything with a fireplace gives me the cozies. One day my dream will come true of having a fireplace in the master bedroom. :)

the voice of melody said...

The decorations in the first pictures are something special - wow! And the cake presentation is very whimsical. Thanks for sharing Melody. :)

Joanna said...

that cake is crazy!!! i love it though. my grandparents got married around christmas. the reindeer are just too adorable.

Jorgelina said...

The very pretty photos. I want a portion of the cake Santa.
Kisses

Laura said...

Hi Melody,
I had to laugh when I saw the top photo. I just took that same photo off of my site today. It figures we'd both love it! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season! It's finally raining here!
Laura

A Bit of the Blarney said...

My goodness what I have missed while "Simon" was ailing...this is such a comfortable place to visit! The pictures are really gorgeous! Will visit again soon! Cathy

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Please drop by when you can and pick up your gift. Cathy

Valerie said...

Beautiful pictures! I love visiting your blog!!

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh absolutely love these piccys...the top one gorgeous....am sitting there now as I type...glass of mulled wine in my hand...also only just found your blog....really nice. Thanks for sharing

Rosie said...

Wonderful photos - so magical. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas:)

Charm and Grace said...

It's been a while since I have visited, but I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas. I love the first photo and hope you don't mind that I saved it to my computer. It would make such a nice Christmas background for my desktop. :-)

Christmas blessings,
Christi

Unknown said...

What captivating images! Just beautiful. I always love stopping in and seeing your great posts! Thank you! wishing you the warmest and merriest holiday wishes to you!!!
Judith~

Decor To Adore said...

The cake is adorable! I'd like to join you in that first image. We could sit quietly with our historical romances. :)

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates by Leelou Blogs